Saturday 7 November 2009

Alone

I never realized just how alone someone can feel in a city filled with so many people. I would honestly give anything to just go home at this point. Yeah, I know, I should be having fun, I'm in London, right? Thats easy for anyone who isn't here to say. It's easy for people here who always have someone to talk to or hang out with at any given time to say. It's easy for anyone who has a homestay family who has other students to say. But for me, I feel like I'm stuck. I love my host mom, don't get me wrong, but she's rarely here. The friend who planned to hang out with me the whole time while we were going to be here.. yeah, that fell through and she's ditched me a large portion of this trip. Sure, maybe that means I should go out and find someone else to hang out with.. but you know when you planned to do something and were really excited about it.. well its not such a great feeling when you get screwed over and nothing really goes as planned. That's where I'm at today.. this week.. this month.

35 days until I get to go home.
38 days until I'm with the love of my life.

Those are the only things keeping me going at this point. Those and schoolwork to keep myself busy.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that you're feeling alone! If you need someone to talk to, please come talk!

    ReplyDelete