Friday 4 December 2009

Latest Update

I'm doing much better since my last two depressing posts! I'm trying to make the most of my time left in London. I realize, I may not have traveled as much as everyone else, but I realize that that's ok. I'll also be the one with the least debt to go back to when I get home :) haha.

So for my last weekend in London, I decided to do some of the tourist-y things that I've yet to do. I went to see Platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross Station. Thank goodness there were some other very nice American girls who were willing to take my picture for me. I'd have looked pretty silly trying to take my own picture in front of it! After that, I decided I'd go see 10 Baker Street (or look for the Sherlock Holmes Museum for fun) didn't end up finding the museum, but I saw Madame Tussauds and still went to 10 Baker Street even though I knew there was nothing there. After I finished this pointless mission, I went to Paddington Station one last time to make sure that I got a picture of "THE" Paddington Bear :) So I crossed off a few more tourist attractions. If I wasn't so deathly afraid of heights, I'd consider the London Eye, but I think I'm ok with just looking at it and admiring it haha.

I also went to the Christmas Tree Lighting in Trafalgar Square to see the tree from Oslo, Norway that is a gift from the Norweigan people to London every year for their help and support during WWII. It was really pretty and well worth braving the cold for about 2 hours (since I came too early, oops. I had a good view though!)

8 more days til I'm home!!
13 til I'm with my love<3

No comments:

Post a Comment